My Monday Messy Office Report returns! I’m sure you were feeling incomplete without it…
Today two photos that show what I arrived to this morning:
A smallish church pastor wears many hats, and Picture #1 shows a bunch of them:
1. Three weeks worth of bulletin proofs. I’m part of a team from Faith Church that will spend 10 days serving in Kenya, starting July 27, so I’ll be out of the office and need to work ahead a bit.
2. An orange New Testament with the name of one of my kids’ friends written inside. A group of Faith Church kids were hanging out in my office after worship yesterday! I love that they love to hang out in here…but it can get a little messy.
3. Receipts and a credit card statement. Gotta keep things in order. Did you ever wish money would just go away?
4. A couple phone messages. People to call back! You should see my email inbox…
5. Minutes from various church serve team meetings. Staying informed about how all various committees are serving in the church is imperative.
6. Reminders…a bunch of them. It’s coffee break Sunday which alters the flow of worship and fellowship time and children’s ministry, so we want to make sure the volunteers have some notice about that. Then there is a reminder to send a bunch of info to the Kenya team. I hate to admit it but I’m at the point where unless I have reminder notes, those things could easily be forgotten.
7. A bill from a local organ company saying that our service plan expired…11 years ago! They were wondering if we would want to pay $700 to start it back up again? I can think of another solution…
8. Men’s Retreat brochure. Can’t wait! Going to be another awesome weekend at Twin Pines, Sept. 25-27. Want to join us? Let me know.
9. Scripture Reader list. People from the congregation volunteers as readers in worship, and I need to get someone lined up for this coming Sunday.
And there is Photo #2: Why do I have a cardboard tower? Over the last month or so, packages have been arriving. I didn’t order any of them, but they just keep coming! In fact, as I was typing this the postman rang the office door with another package from Great Britain! Can you guess what this is all about?
Can you figure out what they are?
Christmas in July?
Here’s a clue: It has to do with our Kenya trip! Ok, I’ll tell you. Our missionary friends in Kenya placed orders for items their school needs. It would be expensive to ship them to Kenya. But free for our team to bring them on the plane! So we’re leaving room in our luggage to squeeze the items in. I am so excited about the trip. We could sure use your prayers. And if anyone would be interested in sponsoring puzzle pieces, which is a trip fundraiser, check it out here. We’d love to have over 200 pieces sponsored before we leave in a week. If you want trip updates, just like the Faith Church Facebook page, and we’ll post new updates most days.
Now it’s time to clean up this mess!