What is your favorite love song?

3 Aug

I’m excited because tomorrow we start a new teaching series on the Fruit of the Spirit.  Last week at Vacation Bible School we studied the Fruit of the Spirit, so we thought it would be cool to keep the study going.

First up is love!  Love is all over our culture.

This afternoon, if you were in our house, you could hear one of the newest hit love songs, “Ooh, La, La” by Brittney Spears blaring from a room upstairs.  I’ll admit it, I really enjoy a good love song.  I’m not sure if “Ooh, La, La” fits the bill, at least in my mind!  Lovers over the decades have come up with so many wonderful love songs, both lyrically and musically.

Often they’re catchy, because love is so exciting.  Some love songs are very emotional, because love is deep.  Some love songs make us sad, because love can be difficult.

So what’s your favorite love song?  And why?

9 Responses to “What is your favorite love song?”

1. booghostiegirl August 3, 2013 at 2:50 pm #

I love the song, “Just As I Am” by Air Supply. It’s a secular song, but I fell in love with it at a time my Christian walk was a bit difficult, and I could imagine myself singing it to Jesus because some of the lyrics just fit that way.

• joelkime August 3, 2013 at 3:39 pm #

Do the lyrics go, “Just as I am, without one plea…”? Just kidding!

2. Lisa B August 3, 2013 at 3:07 pm #

I still get all mushy when I hear Bryan Adams belt out “Everything I Do (I Do it For You).”

• joelkime August 3, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

Great power ballad from my high school days!

3. Sherri Patton August 3, 2013 at 3:52 pm #

My favorite love song of all time is by Anita Baker, “Giving You The Best That I Got”. It was our Wedding song. Ironically it was both of our favorites. But there is more, my favorite love song from when I was younger is by Mary J Bliege ” Sweet Thing”. Absolutely loved this song through school, still do. And last but not least a song about love, but maybe troubled love….. By Chris Isaak ” The Wicked Game”. Sorry, I don’t just have one.

• joelkime August 3, 2013 at 4:12 pm #

There are so many! Thanks.

4. HRSamuels August 3, 2013 at 3:55 pm #

Jesus Loves Me This I Know!!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Follow up to Favorite Love Song | Joel A. Kime - August 6, 2013

[…] preparation for the sermon on Sunday, I asked the question on this blog, “What is your favorite love song?”  There were so many great responses!  We heard of another church that put together a whole bunch […]

2. 10 Top Favorite Songs of All Times - December 25, 2013

[…] Least Favorite Love Songs, a locally made and very funny web series about one woman’s adventures in life, love, and marijuana, has launched a Kickstarter campaign to help fund its second season of webisodes. The series … What is your favorite love song? | Joel A. Kime […]